Donors who wish to give to the Sunrise Foundation are helping to safeguard the future of healthcare. All gifts given to the Sunrise Foundation are put towards building the Endowment. Funds invested in an endowment can provide an ongoing stream of revenue.
Gifts of Cash
Gifts of cash are the most commonly used to make charitable gifts. Tax benefits are available when you itemize deductions on your tax return.
Gift of Appreciated Assests
Gifts of appreciated assets such as securities, real estate, or other property that has increased in value, may provide you with an income tax deduction for the full value of the asset and save on capital gains and state taxes
Planned Giving offers a wide variety of giving methods that allow you to give to the Sunrise Foundation during your lifetime and/or after your death, while meeting your current income needs and providing for your heirs. Planned Gifts are popular because they can provide valuable tax benefits and/or income for life and are a viable option for donors of all income levels.
Benefits of Planned Gifts:
- Make significant donations to charity
- Pass assets to family at a reduced tax cost
- Increase current income for the donor or others
- Reduce the donor's Income Tax
Types of Planned Gifts:
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Trust makes payments, either fixed or a percentage of trust principal to whomever choses to receive income. At the end of the trust term, Sunrise Foundation receives whatever amount is left in the trust.
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Trust makes payments to Sunrise Foundation during its term. At the end of the trust terms, the principal can go either back to the donor or to heirs named by the donor.
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between a donor and Sunrise Foundation. In exchange for an irrevocable gift of cash, securities, mutual funds, or assets.
- Charitable Bequests
- Giving through your will or living trust can be a convenient way to leave a lasting legacy. After providing for your loved ones you may wish to give something to Sunrise Foundation. A bequest usually is arranged with the simple addition of a codicil (amendment) to your existing will.
- Charitable Life Estates
- A donor may wish to consider deeding a home or farm to Sunrise Foundation now but retain the right to live there for life. The donor can receive favorable tax benefits for such a gift.